CatGenie and Litter Genie are among the best litter boxes currently on the market. If you are wondering which of them can better satisfy your cat’s needs, this detailed CatGenie vs. Litter Genie and comparison can show you exactly what makes one of them superior to the other.
- Fully automated cleaning, waste disposal (flushing), and maintenance;
- 3 cycle start options: manual, automatic, and cat-activated;
- Cat motion sensor that informs the device when to start and pause the cleaning cycle;
- Special Washable Granules used instead of litter, which are dust-free, eco-friendly, and pet-safe;
- Unique sanitizing liquid that kills odors and germs;
- Automated GenieHand that scoops the solids;
- Hopper chamber with an impeller, where solids are liquefied;
- Control panel child lock, which prevents children and cats from accidentally pushing buttons.
- Price: $239.97
- No set up required;
- Easy to use;
- Proprietary barrier technology for odor control;
- Anti-microbial protection;
- 7-layer refill bags;
- Compact and modern design;
- Price: $16.01
- 24.5 inches in length;
- 19.25 inches in width;
- 21 inches in height;
- 230 square inches in usable cat space (basin).
- 9.5" in length;
- 8.5" in width;
- 17" in height.
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Lisa Frankel on 05/28/2018Does what it is supposed to do but the cleaning cycles take forever and my kitty hates noise, so I have to start the cycles manually and keep the doors closed so she doesn't get annoyed or scared. It really isn't noisier than a washing machine, but it is still noisier than I would like it to be.
- Submitted By John Robertson on 05/02/2018Surprisingly, my 2 cats (both 8 months old) took to it right away. I didn't even have to use any particular tricks, I just threw their 2 favorite toys inside the bowl and left a few treats on the brim. We've been using it for 2 months, no problems so far, hope it stays that way.
- Submitted By Daniel Grant on 04/21/2018I am pretty disappointed. When I saw this litter box, I was like, wow, this seems awesome! But then I bought it and the setup was so annoyingly complicated, it took a month for my cats to get used to it, and it smelled pretty bad at first because I tried not to turn it on that often so my cats don't get scared. It works ok, but I expected so much more.
- Submitted By Georgios Barnes on 08/14/2018It’s basically a trash can with, but it doesn’t cost much and I guess it does its job ok. Doesn’t feels too sturdy and durable.
- Submitted By Deborah Carter on 05/11/2018The odors are almost completely gone, which was the most important part since our litter box, cat box, and genie all sit in my daughter’s room. The refill bags really add up over time though.
- Submitted By Margareth Lewis on 04/21/2018This little guy was a godsend! We have three litter boxes in our house and carrying the bag around to scoop litter was just a pain. It’s really cheap and does everything as advertised, so we bought three of them and never looked back.
Litter Genie is an affordable cat litter disposal system designed to save you a lot of time and effort on waste management while turning your litter box room into a much more pleasant place. Read all about its features, design, highlights, and capabilities in our objective Litter Genie review and discover if it is the right product for your needs.