Modkat Litter Box and Litter-Robot III Open Air are among the best litter boxes currently on the market. If you are wondering which of them can better satisfy your cat’s needs, this detailed Modkat Litter Box vs. Litter-Robot III Open Air and comparison can show you exactly what makes one of them superior to the other.
- All-in-one litter box;
- Very easy to use and clean;
- Top-entry construction;
- Prevents litter tracking;
- Reusable tarp liner;
- Seamless base of the box;
- Excellent for side pee-ers;
- Price: $89.99
- Fully automated cleaning cycle with no intervention needed on the part of the cat guardian;
- Patented litter-sifting system that saves up to 50% in litter;
- Adjustable timer whose role is to allow litter to clump properly before the cleaning cycle begins;
- Cat sensor that detects when the cat enters and exits the globe;
- Safe, ergonomic design suitable for both small and large cats weighing 5+ pounds;
- Low noise levels and sleep mode that keeps the device inactive for 8 hours;
- Excellent odor control with a large carbon filter integrated into the waste drawer;
- Nightlight for older cats with impaired vision;
- Full-drawer indicator that lets you know when it is time to empty the waste drawer;
- Easy litter replacement, with the Empty function that automatically dumps all the litter into the waste drawer;
- Backup battery that serves as a handy alternative power source;
- Suitable for multiple cats.
- Price: $449.99
- 16" in length;
- 16" in width;
- 15" in height.
The height of the liner is 10".
- Push the four liner hooks into their designated corner slots;
- Position the liner inside the base with the open side facing front;
- Hang the liner grommets from their hooks;
- Install the walk-off platform.
- Fully Assembled Unit: 29.5″ x 24.25″ x 27” (HWD);
- Entryway: 16″ x 10.25″ (HW);
- Inner Globe Dimensions: 15″-17″ (dependent on litter amount) x 20″ x 20″ (HWD);
- Litter Bed: 14″ maximum width;
- Waste Drawer: 16” x 12.5” x 5” (HWD).
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Peter Howard on 02/10/2019We’ve had it for around two months now and it definitely gets the job done. It’s also pretty easy to clean once you remove the top lid and you can even hang the scoop that came with it by the side. If you have large dogs in your home they will definitely try to get in and flip it in the process which will spill some of the litter on the floor. I definitely recommend putting it where dogs can’t get to it.
- Submitted By Anna Adams on 09/28/2018Great litter box for shy cats who like their privacy while doing their business. An extra benefit is that our dog can’t really get in and start eating the poop (gross, I know). The box is pretty roomy but I don’t see it accommodating two or more cats, especially if they’re overly territorial.
- Submitted By George Irons on 06/28/2018Not bad, but too damn expensive for a glorified s**tbucket!
- Submitted By Mila Jensen on 03/24/2018Great little box! I though my babies won’t be able to use it properly since they weren’t accustomed to top loaders, but it took them only a couple of days of sniffing and investigating and they love it now! I also have a cat that’s missing one leg, and would really wish she could use it too, but she can’t.
- Submitted By Shirley Hill on 02/07/2019Great litter box (if you can even call it a box) that helps us save a ton of time on cleaning and maintenance. On the other hand, our bank account definitely felt it.
- Submitted By Eric Walker on 11/08/2018I was afraid this thing would be much louder than it actually is. Don’t get me wrong, you’ll hear it when it starts rotating but it’s not even close to what I expected and it’s not even that unpleasant of a sound to be honest.
- Submitted By Ray Carrol on 08/21/2018Come on, people, it's ridiculous to spend this kind of money on a litter box. My friend bought it and he's all psyched about it, and yeah, I've seen it work, it's great and stuff, but I'd never pay that much for something that basically just collects poop.
- Submitted By Georgia Fay on 04/24/2018I agree, worth every buck I spent on it. Yes, it's expensive, but you can't expect something like this to cost less, I'm just amazed someone was smart enough to invent it, it's the best litter box I've seen in my life.
In this Litter Robot review, we provide answers to virtually all questions you may have about this automatic litter box. From its design and numerous handy features to training tips, customer feedback, and pricing, we bring you all the facts you need to decide whether Litter Robot is right for your cat(s).