If you are having trouble choosing between Petmate Giant Litter Pan and Litter Robot, we are here to help you make up your mind. This Petmate Giant Litter Pan vs. Litter Robot comparison was created to help you discover key facts about both of these high-quality litter boxes and find out which of them better satisfies our rigorous criteria.
- Giant size;
- Large litter capacity;
- Excellent odor control;
- Anti-microbial Microban layer;
- No litter scatter or urine oversprays;
- Comfort-grip tech;
- Additional storage compartments;
- Heavy-duty construction;
- Stable bottom base;
- Easy to use and clean.
- Price: $21.33
- Fully automated cleaning cycle with no intervention needed on the part of the cat guardian;
- Patented litter-sifting system that saves up to 50% in litter;
- Adjustable timer whose role is to allow litter to clump properly before the cleaning cycle begins;
- Cat sensor that detects when the cat enters and exits the globe;
- Safe, ergonomic design suitable for both small and large cats weighing 5+ pounds;
- Low noise levels and sleep mode that keeps the device inactive for 8 hours;
- Excellent odor control with a large carbon filter integrated into the waste drawer;
- Nightlight for older cats with impaired vision;
- Full-drawer indicator that lets you know when it is time to empty the waste drawer;
- Easy litter replacement, with the Empty function that automatically dumps all the litter into the waste drawer;
- Backup battery that serves as a handy alternative power source;
- Suitable for multiple cats.
- Price: $449.99
- 34.7" in length;
- 19.8" in width;
- 10" in height.
- Fully Assembled Unit: 29.5″ x 24.25″ x 27” (HWD);
- Entryway: 16″ x 10.25″ (HW);
- Inner Globe Dimensions: 15″-17″ (dependent on litter amount) x 20″ x 20″ (HWD);
- Litter Bed: 14″ maximum width;
- Waste Drawer: 16” x 12.5” x 5” (HWD).
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Mia Black on 09/20/2018This thing is a beast! My babies absolutely love it and there were no problems with transition whatsoever. The storage thingies on the bottom (I guess) aren’t really necessary imo, but ok you can put a scoop in there and other things your cats wouldn’t be tempted to play with. It’s also pretty big for our small place but it is what it is.
- Submitted By Jenna Baylis on 07/20/2018I couldn’t believe how big this thing really is. I mean, I read the measurements online, but seeing it in person is a whole different experience. My fat spoiled brat fits without any problems with a lot of room to spare. I like how I can just dump a bunch of litter inside and just scoop the clumps every day instead of having to replace everything every couple of days.
- Submitted By Shirley Hill on 02/07/2019Great litter box (if you can even call it a box) that helps us save a ton of time on cleaning and maintenance. On the other hand, our bank account definitely felt it.
- Submitted By Eric Walker on 11/08/2018I was afraid this thing would be much louder than it actually is. Don’t get me wrong, you’ll hear it when it starts rotating but it’s not even close to what I expected and it’s not even that unpleasant of a sound to be honest.
- Submitted By Ray Carrol on 08/21/2018Come on, people, it's ridiculous to spend this kind of money on a litter box. My friend bought it and he's all psyched about it, and yeah, I've seen it work, it's great and stuff, but I'd never pay that much for something that basically just collects poop.
- Submitted By Georgia Fay on 04/24/2018I agree, worth every buck I spent on it. Yes, it's expensive, but you can't expect something like this to cost less, I'm just amazed someone was smart enough to invent it, it's the best litter box I've seen in my life.
In this Litter Robot review, we provide answers to virtually all questions you may have about this automatic litter box. From its design and numerous handy features to training tips, customer feedback, and pricing, we bring you all the facts you need to decide whether Litter Robot is right for your cat(s).