If you are having trouble choosing between Petmate Giant Litter Pan and LitterMaid, we are here to help you make up your mind. This Petmate Giant Litter Pan vs. LitterMaid comparison was created to help you discover key facts about both of these high-quality litter boxes and find out which of them better satisfies our rigorous criteria.
- Giant size;
- Large litter capacity;
- Excellent odor control;
- Anti-microbial Microban layer;
- No litter scatter or urine oversprays;
- Comfort-grip tech;
- Additional storage compartments;
- Heavy-duty construction;
- Stable bottom base;
- Easy to use and clean.
- Price: $21.33
- Fully automated scooping;
- Easy waste disposal once per week;
- Excellent odor control;
- Safety bar that stops the cleaning cycle when your cat enters the litter box;
- Minimized tracking and safe entrance with the paw cleaning ramp;
- Incredible ease of use.
- Price: $105.13
- 34.7" in length;
- 19.8" in width;
- 10" in height.
- 28 inches in length;
- 17.7 inches in width;
- 9.8 inches in height;
- 590 cubic inches in usable cat space (17.5 inches x 13.5 inches x 2.5 inches).
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Mia Black on 09/20/2018This thing is a beast! My babies absolutely love it and there were no problems with transition whatsoever. The storage thingies on the bottom (I guess) aren’t really necessary imo, but ok you can put a scoop in there and other things your cats wouldn’t be tempted to play with. It’s also pretty big for our small place but it is what it is.
- Submitted By Jenna Baylis on 07/20/2018I couldn’t believe how big this thing really is. I mean, I read the measurements online, but seeing it in person is a whole different experience. My fat spoiled brat fits without any problems with a lot of room to spare. I like how I can just dump a bunch of litter inside and just scoop the clumps every day instead of having to replace everything every couple of days.
- Submitted By Keith Roberts on 10/19/2018Works ok but needs a better rake. Sleep mode would be nice.
- Submitted By Helen Colbert on 06/13/2018I’ve had mine for 3 years and I’ve grown attached to it, but it took me a while to get the litter level right and about a month ago, it started getting stuck so I have to get a new one. So far, I haven’t found anything better in the same price range, so I’ll probably get Litter Maid again, at least I know how to use it and my cats like it.
- Submitted By Stella Stewart on 02/08/2018Just wanted to say thanks for the tip, just tried the trick with the tape and no more spills! Can’t believe I haven’t thought of it myself. Anyway, I love Litter Maid and now its LITTERally perfect, haha :D
Petmate Giant Litter Pan is a minimalistic but cleverly designed litter box made with larger cats in mind. It is also suitable for households with multiple pets. Its simple yet sturdy construction allows it to be much more affordable than automated litter boxes and it provides similar value for one-tenth of the price. Read all about this model in our comprehensive review.