CatGenie and Luuup are among the best litter boxes currently on the market. If you are wondering which of them can better satisfy your cat’s needs, this detailed CatGenie vs. Luuup and comparison can show you exactly what makes one of them superior to the other.
- Fully automated cleaning, waste disposal (flushing), and maintenance;
- 3 cycle start options: manual, automatic, and cat-activated;
- Cat motion sensor that informs the device when to start and pause the cleaning cycle;
- Special Washable Granules used instead of litter, which are dust-free, eco-friendly, and pet-safe;
- Unique sanitizing liquid that kills odors and germs;
- Automated GenieHand that scoops the solids;
- Hopper chamber with an impeller, where solids are liquefied;
- Control panel child lock, which prevents children and cats from accidentally pushing buttons.
- Price: $239.97
- 3-tray sifting system that requires no scooping or liners;
- Non-stick coating that prevents excess residue from collecting on the surface of the trays;
- Anti-microbial surface that prevents microorganism growth and reduces odor levels;
- Spill guard that catches spilled particles;
- Economical design that allows you to save in litter.
- Price: $60.00
- 24.5 inches in length;
- 19.25 inches in width;
- 21 inches in height;
- 230 square inches in usable cat space (basin).
- 20.2 inches in length;
- 15.4 inches in width;
- 5.2 inches in height (7.5 inches with the spill guard).
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Lisa Frankel on 05/28/2018Does what it is supposed to do but the cleaning cycles take forever and my kitty hates noise, so I have to start the cycles manually and keep the doors closed so she doesn't get annoyed or scared. It really isn't noisier than a washing machine, but it is still noisier than I would like it to be.
- Submitted By John Robertson on 05/02/2018Surprisingly, my 2 cats (both 8 months old) took to it right away. I didn't even have to use any particular tricks, I just threw their 2 favorite toys inside the bowl and left a few treats on the brim. We've been using it for 2 months, no problems so far, hope it stays that way.
- Submitted By Daniel Grant on 04/21/2018I am pretty disappointed. When I saw this litter box, I was like, wow, this seems awesome! But then I bought it and the setup was so annoyingly complicated, it took a month for my cats to get used to it, and it smelled pretty bad at first because I tried not to turn it on that often so my cats don't get scared. It works ok, but I expected so much more.
- Submitted By Amy Lopez on 02/25/2019Luuup seemed like it would be a nightmare to clean but it’s really easy once you get your litter right. It really does reduce unpleasant smells but doesn’t contain them 100% if you’re using anything but top-quality crystals in our experience.
- Submitted By Stephanie Jackson on 01/15/2019The only place in our apartment where we can store this giant box was pretty open and exposed and our shy little girl had some issues using it. We had to improvise to give her a makeshift cover and that fixed the problem so keep that in mind if your furballs are as shy as our lyra.
- Submitted By Sandra Harris on 10/28/2018Luuup doesn’t mix well with any litter that doesn’t dry quickly. If you try to sift while the litter is still moist, it will stick to the grooves at the very bottom and make the whole thing much more complicated than it needs to be. Once I switched to a quick-dry brand though everything just fell right into place.
- Submitted By Dorothy Thomas on 10/20/2018Higher railing on this box almost completely eliminated litter tracking in our apartment. That said, our oldest cat had some troubles getting in and out so I wouldn’t recommend it for old or sick pets since they definitely won’t be able to use it as intended.
Luuup litter box boasts a unique 3-tray sifting system that lets you forget about scooping, clean the litter box more easily and quickly, and even save in litter. In this Luuup review, we explore how this popular litter box works, whether it is suitable for all cats, and most importantly, whether it lives up to cat guardians’ high expectations.