If you are having trouble choosing between Litter Genie and Luuup, we are here to help you make up your mind. This Litter Genie vs. Luuup comparison was created to help you discover key facts about both of these high-quality litter boxes and find out which of them better satisfies our rigorous criteria.
- No set up required;
- Easy to use;
- Proprietary barrier technology for odor control;
- Anti-microbial protection;
- 7-layer refill bags;
- Compact and modern design;
- Price: $16.01
- 3-tray sifting system that requires no scooping or liners;
- Non-stick coating that prevents excess residue from collecting on the surface of the trays;
- Anti-microbial surface that prevents microorganism growth and reduces odor levels;
- Spill guard that catches spilled particles;
- Economical design that allows you to save in litter.
- Price: $60.00
- 9.5" in length;
- 8.5" in width;
- 17" in height.
- 20.2 inches in length;
- 15.4 inches in width;
- 5.2 inches in height (7.5 inches with the spill guard).
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Georgios Barnes on 08/14/2018It’s basically a trash can with, but it doesn’t cost much and I guess it does its job ok. Doesn’t feels too sturdy and durable.
- Submitted By Deborah Carter on 05/11/2018The odors are almost completely gone, which was the most important part since our litter box, cat box, and genie all sit in my daughter’s room. The refill bags really add up over time though.
- Submitted By Margareth Lewis on 04/21/2018This little guy was a godsend! We have three litter boxes in our house and carrying the bag around to scoop litter was just a pain. It’s really cheap and does everything as advertised, so we bought three of them and never looked back.
- Submitted By Amy Lopez on 02/25/2019Luuup seemed like it would be a nightmare to clean but it’s really easy once you get your litter right. It really does reduce unpleasant smells but doesn’t contain them 100% if you’re using anything but top-quality crystals in our experience.
- Submitted By Stephanie Jackson on 01/15/2019The only place in our apartment where we can store this giant box was pretty open and exposed and our shy little girl had some issues using it. We had to improvise to give her a makeshift cover and that fixed the problem so keep that in mind if your furballs are as shy as our lyra.
- Submitted By Sandra Harris on 10/28/2018Luuup doesn’t mix well with any litter that doesn’t dry quickly. If you try to sift while the litter is still moist, it will stick to the grooves at the very bottom and make the whole thing much more complicated than it needs to be. Once I switched to a quick-dry brand though everything just fell right into place.
- Submitted By Dorothy Thomas on 10/20/2018Higher railing on this box almost completely eliminated litter tracking in our apartment. That said, our oldest cat had some troubles getting in and out so I wouldn’t recommend it for old or sick pets since they definitely won’t be able to use it as intended.
Luuup litter box boasts a unique 3-tray sifting system that lets you forget about scooping, clean the litter box more easily and quickly, and even save in litter. In this Luuup review, we explore how this popular litter box works, whether it is suitable for all cats, and most importantly, whether it lives up to cat guardians’ high expectations.