If you are having trouble choosing between Modkat Litter Box and Luuup, we are here to help you make up your mind. This Modkat Litter Box vs. Luuup comparison was created to help you discover key facts about both of these high-quality litter boxes and find out which of them better satisfies our rigorous criteria.
- All-in-one litter box;
- Very easy to use and clean;
- Top-entry construction;
- Prevents litter tracking;
- Reusable tarp liner;
- Seamless base of the box;
- Excellent for side pee-ers;
- Price: $89.99
- 3-tray sifting system that requires no scooping or liners;
- Non-stick coating that prevents excess residue from collecting on the surface of the trays;
- Anti-microbial surface that prevents microorganism growth and reduces odor levels;
- Spill guard that catches spilled particles;
- Economical design that allows you to save in litter.
- Price: $60.00
- 16" in length;
- 16" in width;
- 15" in height.
The height of the liner is 10".
- Push the four liner hooks into their designated corner slots;
- Position the liner inside the base with the open side facing front;
- Hang the liner grommets from their hooks;
- Install the walk-off platform.
- 20.2 inches in length;
- 15.4 inches in width;
- 5.2 inches in height (7.5 inches with the spill guard).
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Peter Howard on 02/10/2019We’ve had it for around two months now and it definitely gets the job done. It’s also pretty easy to clean once you remove the top lid and you can even hang the scoop that came with it by the side. If you have large dogs in your home they will definitely try to get in and flip it in the process which will spill some of the litter on the floor. I definitely recommend putting it where dogs can’t get to it.
- Submitted By Anna Adams on 09/28/2018Great litter box for shy cats who like their privacy while doing their business. An extra benefit is that our dog can’t really get in and start eating the poop (gross, I know). The box is pretty roomy but I don’t see it accommodating two or more cats, especially if they’re overly territorial.
- Submitted By George Irons on 06/28/2018Not bad, but too damn expensive for a glorified s**tbucket!
- Submitted By Mila Jensen on 03/24/2018Great little box! I though my babies won’t be able to use it properly since they weren’t accustomed to top loaders, but it took them only a couple of days of sniffing and investigating and they love it now! I also have a cat that’s missing one leg, and would really wish she could use it too, but she can’t.
- Submitted By Amy Lopez on 02/25/2019Luuup seemed like it would be a nightmare to clean but it’s really easy once you get your litter right. It really does reduce unpleasant smells but doesn’t contain them 100% if you’re using anything but top-quality crystals in our experience.
- Submitted By Stephanie Jackson on 01/15/2019The only place in our apartment where we can store this giant box was pretty open and exposed and our shy little girl had some issues using it. We had to improvise to give her a makeshift cover and that fixed the problem so keep that in mind if your furballs are as shy as our lyra.
- Submitted By Sandra Harris on 10/28/2018Luuup doesn’t mix well with any litter that doesn’t dry quickly. If you try to sift while the litter is still moist, it will stick to the grooves at the very bottom and make the whole thing much more complicated than it needs to be. Once I switched to a quick-dry brand though everything just fell right into place.
- Submitted By Dorothy Thomas on 10/20/2018Higher railing on this box almost completely eliminated litter tracking in our apartment. That said, our oldest cat had some troubles getting in and out so I wouldn’t recommend it for old or sick pets since they definitely won’t be able to use it as intended.
Luuup litter box boasts a unique 3-tray sifting system that lets you forget about scooping, clean the litter box more easily and quickly, and even save in litter. In this Luuup review, we explore how this popular litter box works, whether it is suitable for all cats, and most importantly, whether it lives up to cat guardians’ high expectations.