Pet Zone Smart Scoop and Luuup are highly popular litter boxes that outclass their competitors in many aspects. In this Pet Zone Smart Scoop vs. Luuup comparison, we offer a thorough analysis of their most important features and discover which of them is slightly better than the other.
- Sturdy construction;
- Powerful and quiet motor unit;
- Reliable motion sensors;
- Solid security features;
- No-Touch Waste Bags;
- Carbon filters for odor control;
- Wide range of litters available;
- Price: $84.61
- 3-tray sifting system that requires no scooping or liners;
- Non-stick coating that prevents excess residue from collecting on the surface of the trays;
- Anti-microbial surface that prevents microorganism growth and reduces odor levels;
- Spill guard that catches spilled particles;
- Economical design that allows you to save in litter.
- Price: $60.00
- 26.5" in length;
- 16.9" in width;
- 7.6" in height.
- 20.2 inches in length;
- 15.4 inches in width;
- 5.2 inches in height (7.5 inches with the spill guard).
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Mira Jenkins on 10/24/2018The box works perfectly so no problems there. But when I droped it once one of the gears inside broke and I got sent it to get fixed. But they put a metal gear inside and it didn’t work properly so I had to pay the post taxes two times.
- Submitted By Ada Collins on 04/22/2018I can’t believe how silent it is. It usually took me weeks to make my spoiled brats transition to a new litter box, but smart scoop was a whole different story. They started using it after just a couple of days.
- Submitted By Amy Lopez on 02/25/2019Luuup seemed like it would be a nightmare to clean but it’s really easy once you get your litter right. It really does reduce unpleasant smells but doesn’t contain them 100% if you’re using anything but top-quality crystals in our experience.
- Submitted By Stephanie Jackson on 01/15/2019The only place in our apartment where we can store this giant box was pretty open and exposed and our shy little girl had some issues using it. We had to improvise to give her a makeshift cover and that fixed the problem so keep that in mind if your furballs are as shy as our lyra.
- Submitted By Sandra Harris on 10/28/2018Luuup doesn’t mix well with any litter that doesn’t dry quickly. If you try to sift while the litter is still moist, it will stick to the grooves at the very bottom and make the whole thing much more complicated than it needs to be. Once I switched to a quick-dry brand though everything just fell right into place.
- Submitted By Dorothy Thomas on 10/20/2018Higher railing on this box almost completely eliminated litter tracking in our apartment. That said, our oldest cat had some troubles getting in and out so I wouldn’t recommend it for old or sick pets since they definitely won’t be able to use it as intended.
Luuup litter box boasts a unique 3-tray sifting system that lets you forget about scooping, clean the litter box more easily and quickly, and even save in litter. In this Luuup review, we explore how this popular litter box works, whether it is suitable for all cats, and most importantly, whether it lives up to cat guardians’ high expectations.