This in-depth CatGenie vs. Modkat Litter Box comparison was designed to help you easily decide between your top 2 choices. View CatGenie and CatGenie’s most prominent features below and find out which of these excellent litter boxes has more to offer to cats and their humans.
- Fully automated cleaning, waste disposal (flushing), and maintenance;
- 3 cycle start options: manual, automatic, and cat-activated;
- Cat motion sensor that informs the device when to start and pause the cleaning cycle;
- Special Washable Granules used instead of litter, which are dust-free, eco-friendly, and pet-safe;
- Unique sanitizing liquid that kills odors and germs;
- Automated GenieHand that scoops the solids;
- Hopper chamber with an impeller, where solids are liquefied;
- Control panel child lock, which prevents children and cats from accidentally pushing buttons.
- Price: $239.97
- All-in-one litter box;
- Very easy to use and clean;
- Top-entry construction;
- Prevents litter tracking;
- Reusable tarp liner;
- Seamless base of the box;
- Excellent for side pee-ers;
- Price: $89.99
- 24.5 inches in length;
- 19.25 inches in width;
- 21 inches in height;
- 230 square inches in usable cat space (basin).
- 16" in length;
- 16" in width;
- 15" in height.
The height of the liner is 10".
- Push the four liner hooks into their designated corner slots;
- Position the liner inside the base with the open side facing front;
- Hang the liner grommets from their hooks;
- Install the walk-off platform.
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Lisa Frankel on 05/28/2018Does what it is supposed to do but the cleaning cycles take forever and my kitty hates noise, so I have to start the cycles manually and keep the doors closed so she doesn't get annoyed or scared. It really isn't noisier than a washing machine, but it is still noisier than I would like it to be.
- Submitted By John Robertson on 05/02/2018Surprisingly, my 2 cats (both 8 months old) took to it right away. I didn't even have to use any particular tricks, I just threw their 2 favorite toys inside the bowl and left a few treats on the brim. We've been using it for 2 months, no problems so far, hope it stays that way.
- Submitted By Daniel Grant on 04/21/2018I am pretty disappointed. When I saw this litter box, I was like, wow, this seems awesome! But then I bought it and the setup was so annoyingly complicated, it took a month for my cats to get used to it, and it smelled pretty bad at first because I tried not to turn it on that often so my cats don't get scared. It works ok, but I expected so much more.
- Submitted By Peter Howard on 02/10/2019We’ve had it for around two months now and it definitely gets the job done. It’s also pretty easy to clean once you remove the top lid and you can even hang the scoop that came with it by the side. If you have large dogs in your home they will definitely try to get in and flip it in the process which will spill some of the litter on the floor. I definitely recommend putting it where dogs can’t get to it.
- Submitted By Anna Adams on 09/28/2018Great litter box for shy cats who like their privacy while doing their business. An extra benefit is that our dog can’t really get in and start eating the poop (gross, I know). The box is pretty roomy but I don’t see it accommodating two or more cats, especially if they’re overly territorial.
- Submitted By George Irons on 06/28/2018Not bad, but too damn expensive for a glorified s**tbucket!
- Submitted By Mila Jensen on 03/24/2018Great little box! I though my babies won’t be able to use it properly since they weren’t accustomed to top loaders, but it took them only a couple of days of sniffing and investigating and they love it now! I also have a cat that’s missing one leg, and would really wish she could use it too, but she can’t.
Modkat is a well-known top-entry litter box designed and manufactured by ModProducts LLC. It sports a modern and chic design, sturdy, utilitarian construction with very few moving parts, and excellent measures against litter tracking, unpleasant odors, and urine leaks. Read all about it in our comprehensive Modkat Litter Box review.