Litter Genie and Modkat Litter Box are highly popular litter boxes that outclass their competitors in many aspects. In this Litter Genie vs. Modkat Litter Box comparison, we offer a thorough analysis of their most important features and discover which of them is slightly better than the other.
- No set up required;
- Easy to use;
- Proprietary barrier technology for odor control;
- Anti-microbial protection;
- 7-layer refill bags;
- Compact and modern design;
- Price: $16.01
- All-in-one litter box;
- Very easy to use and clean;
- Top-entry construction;
- Prevents litter tracking;
- Reusable tarp liner;
- Seamless base of the box;
- Excellent for side pee-ers;
- Price: $89.99
- 9.5" in length;
- 8.5" in width;
- 17" in height.
- 16" in length;
- 16" in width;
- 15" in height.
The height of the liner is 10".
- Push the four liner hooks into their designated corner slots;
- Position the liner inside the base with the open side facing front;
- Hang the liner grommets from their hooks;
- Install the walk-off platform.
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Georgios Barnes on 08/14/2018It’s basically a trash can with, but it doesn’t cost much and I guess it does its job ok. Doesn’t feels too sturdy and durable.
- Submitted By Deborah Carter on 05/11/2018The odors are almost completely gone, which was the most important part since our litter box, cat box, and genie all sit in my daughter’s room. The refill bags really add up over time though.
- Submitted By Margareth Lewis on 04/21/2018This little guy was a godsend! We have three litter boxes in our house and carrying the bag around to scoop litter was just a pain. It’s really cheap and does everything as advertised, so we bought three of them and never looked back.
- Submitted By Peter Howard on 02/10/2019We’ve had it for around two months now and it definitely gets the job done. It’s also pretty easy to clean once you remove the top lid and you can even hang the scoop that came with it by the side. If you have large dogs in your home they will definitely try to get in and flip it in the process which will spill some of the litter on the floor. I definitely recommend putting it where dogs can’t get to it.
- Submitted By Anna Adams on 09/28/2018Great litter box for shy cats who like their privacy while doing their business. An extra benefit is that our dog can’t really get in and start eating the poop (gross, I know). The box is pretty roomy but I don’t see it accommodating two or more cats, especially if they’re overly territorial.
- Submitted By George Irons on 06/28/2018Not bad, but too damn expensive for a glorified s**tbucket!
- Submitted By Mila Jensen on 03/24/2018Great little box! I though my babies won’t be able to use it properly since they weren’t accustomed to top loaders, but it took them only a couple of days of sniffing and investigating and they love it now! I also have a cat that’s missing one leg, and would really wish she could use it too, but she can’t.
Modkat is a well-known top-entry litter box designed and manufactured by ModProducts LLC. It sports a modern and chic design, sturdy, utilitarian construction with very few moving parts, and excellent measures against litter tracking, unpleasant odors, and urine leaks. Read all about it in our comprehensive Modkat Litter Box review.