With this LitterMaid vs. Modkat Litter Box comparison, you can decide between your 2 favorite litter boxes in minutes. View our side-by-side analysis below, discover their major strong and weak points, and find out which of them has received a higher total score from our experts.
- Fully automated scooping;
- Easy waste disposal once per week;
- Excellent odor control;
- Safety bar that stops the cleaning cycle when your cat enters the litter box;
- Minimized tracking and safe entrance with the paw cleaning ramp;
- Incredible ease of use.
- Price: $105.13
- All-in-one litter box;
- Very easy to use and clean;
- Top-entry construction;
- Prevents litter tracking;
- Reusable tarp liner;
- Seamless base of the box;
- Excellent for side pee-ers;
- Price: $89.99
- 28 inches in length;
- 17.7 inches in width;
- 9.8 inches in height;
- 590 cubic inches in usable cat space (17.5 inches x 13.5 inches x 2.5 inches).
- 16" in length;
- 16" in width;
- 15" in height.
The height of the liner is 10".
- Push the four liner hooks into their designated corner slots;
- Position the liner inside the base with the open side facing front;
- Hang the liner grommets from their hooks;
- Install the walk-off platform.
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Keith Roberts on 10/19/2018Works ok but needs a better rake. Sleep mode would be nice.
- Submitted By Helen Colbert on 06/13/2018I’ve had mine for 3 years and I’ve grown attached to it, but it took me a while to get the litter level right and about a month ago, it started getting stuck so I have to get a new one. So far, I haven’t found anything better in the same price range, so I’ll probably get Litter Maid again, at least I know how to use it and my cats like it.
- Submitted By Stella Stewart on 02/08/2018Just wanted to say thanks for the tip, just tried the trick with the tape and no more spills! Can’t believe I haven’t thought of it myself. Anyway, I love Litter Maid and now its LITTERally perfect, haha :D
- Submitted By Peter Howard on 02/10/2019We’ve had it for around two months now and it definitely gets the job done. It’s also pretty easy to clean once you remove the top lid and you can even hang the scoop that came with it by the side. If you have large dogs in your home they will definitely try to get in and flip it in the process which will spill some of the litter on the floor. I definitely recommend putting it where dogs can’t get to it.
- Submitted By Anna Adams on 09/28/2018Great litter box for shy cats who like their privacy while doing their business. An extra benefit is that our dog can’t really get in and start eating the poop (gross, I know). The box is pretty roomy but I don’t see it accommodating two or more cats, especially if they’re overly territorial.
- Submitted By George Irons on 06/28/2018Not bad, but too damn expensive for a glorified s**tbucket!
- Submitted By Mila Jensen on 03/24/2018Great little box! I though my babies won’t be able to use it properly since they weren’t accustomed to top loaders, but it took them only a couple of days of sniffing and investigating and they love it now! I also have a cat that’s missing one leg, and would really wish she could use it too, but she can’t.
Modkat is a well-known top-entry litter box designed and manufactured by ModProducts LLC. It sports a modern and chic design, sturdy, utilitarian construction with very few moving parts, and excellent measures against litter tracking, unpleasant odors, and urine leaks. Read all about it in our comprehensive Modkat Litter Box review.