Pet Zone Smart Scoop and Modkat Litter Box are highly popular litter boxes that outclass their competitors in many aspects. In this Pet Zone Smart Scoop vs. Modkat Litter Box comparison, we offer a thorough analysis of their most important features and discover which of them is slightly better than the other.
- Sturdy construction;
- Powerful and quiet motor unit;
- Reliable motion sensors;
- Solid security features;
- No-Touch Waste Bags;
- Carbon filters for odor control;
- Wide range of litters available;
- Price: $84.61
- All-in-one litter box;
- Very easy to use and clean;
- Top-entry construction;
- Prevents litter tracking;
- Reusable tarp liner;
- Seamless base of the box;
- Excellent for side pee-ers;
- Price: $89.99
- 26.5" in length;
- 16.9" in width;
- 7.6" in height.
- 16" in length;
- 16" in width;
- 15" in height.
The height of the liner is 10".
- Push the four liner hooks into their designated corner slots;
- Position the liner inside the base with the open side facing front;
- Hang the liner grommets from their hooks;
- Install the walk-off platform.
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Mira Jenkins on 10/24/2018The box works perfectly so no problems there. But when I droped it once one of the gears inside broke and I got sent it to get fixed. But they put a metal gear inside and it didn’t work properly so I had to pay the post taxes two times.
- Submitted By Ada Collins on 04/22/2018I can’t believe how silent it is. It usually took me weeks to make my spoiled brats transition to a new litter box, but smart scoop was a whole different story. They started using it after just a couple of days.
- Submitted By Peter Howard on 02/10/2019We’ve had it for around two months now and it definitely gets the job done. It’s also pretty easy to clean once you remove the top lid and you can even hang the scoop that came with it by the side. If you have large dogs in your home they will definitely try to get in and flip it in the process which will spill some of the litter on the floor. I definitely recommend putting it where dogs can’t get to it.
- Submitted By Anna Adams on 09/28/2018Great litter box for shy cats who like their privacy while doing their business. An extra benefit is that our dog can’t really get in and start eating the poop (gross, I know). The box is pretty roomy but I don’t see it accommodating two or more cats, especially if they’re overly territorial.
- Submitted By George Irons on 06/28/2018Not bad, but too damn expensive for a glorified s**tbucket!
- Submitted By Mila Jensen on 03/24/2018Great little box! I though my babies won’t be able to use it properly since they weren’t accustomed to top loaders, but it took them only a couple of days of sniffing and investigating and they love it now! I also have a cat that’s missing one leg, and would really wish she could use it too, but she can’t.
Modkat is a well-known top-entry litter box designed and manufactured by ModProducts LLC. It sports a modern and chic design, sturdy, utilitarian construction with very few moving parts, and excellent measures against litter tracking, unpleasant odors, and urine leaks. Read all about it in our comprehensive Modkat Litter Box review.