This in-depth Petmate Giant Litter Pan vs. Modkat Litter Box comparison was designed to help you easily decide between your top 2 choices. View Petmate Giant Litter Pan and Petmate Giant Litter Pan ’s most prominent features below and find out which of these excellent litter boxes has more to offer to cats and their humans.
- Giant size;
- Large litter capacity;
- Excellent odor control;
- Anti-microbial Microban layer;
- No litter scatter or urine oversprays;
- Comfort-grip tech;
- Additional storage compartments;
- Heavy-duty construction;
- Stable bottom base;
- Easy to use and clean.
- Price: $21.33
- All-in-one litter box;
- Very easy to use and clean;
- Top-entry construction;
- Prevents litter tracking;
- Reusable tarp liner;
- Seamless base of the box;
- Excellent for side pee-ers;
- Price: $89.99
- 34.7" in length;
- 19.8" in width;
- 10" in height.
- 16" in length;
- 16" in width;
- 15" in height.
The height of the liner is 10".
- Push the four liner hooks into their designated corner slots;
- Position the liner inside the base with the open side facing front;
- Hang the liner grommets from their hooks;
- Install the walk-off platform.
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Mia Black on 09/20/2018This thing is a beast! My babies absolutely love it and there were no problems with transition whatsoever. The storage thingies on the bottom (I guess) aren’t really necessary imo, but ok you can put a scoop in there and other things your cats wouldn’t be tempted to play with. It’s also pretty big for our small place but it is what it is.
- Submitted By Jenna Baylis on 07/20/2018I couldn’t believe how big this thing really is. I mean, I read the measurements online, but seeing it in person is a whole different experience. My fat spoiled brat fits without any problems with a lot of room to spare. I like how I can just dump a bunch of litter inside and just scoop the clumps every day instead of having to replace everything every couple of days.
- Submitted By Peter Howard on 02/10/2019We’ve had it for around two months now and it definitely gets the job done. It’s also pretty easy to clean once you remove the top lid and you can even hang the scoop that came with it by the side. If you have large dogs in your home they will definitely try to get in and flip it in the process which will spill some of the litter on the floor. I definitely recommend putting it where dogs can’t get to it.
- Submitted By Anna Adams on 09/28/2018Great litter box for shy cats who like their privacy while doing their business. An extra benefit is that our dog can’t really get in and start eating the poop (gross, I know). The box is pretty roomy but I don’t see it accommodating two or more cats, especially if they’re overly territorial.
- Submitted By George Irons on 06/28/2018Not bad, but too damn expensive for a glorified s**tbucket!
- Submitted By Mila Jensen on 03/24/2018Great little box! I though my babies won’t be able to use it properly since they weren’t accustomed to top loaders, but it took them only a couple of days of sniffing and investigating and they love it now! I also have a cat that’s missing one leg, and would really wish she could use it too, but she can’t.
Modkat is a well-known top-entry litter box designed and manufactured by ModProducts LLC. It sports a modern and chic design, sturdy, utilitarian construction with very few moving parts, and excellent measures against litter tracking, unpleasant odors, and urine leaks. Read all about it in our comprehensive Modkat Litter Box review.