If you are having trouble choosing between PetSafe ScoopFree and Modkat Litter Box, we are here to help you make up your mind. This PetSafe ScoopFree vs. Modkat Litter Box comparison was created to help you discover key facts about both of these high-quality litter boxes and find out which of them better satisfies our rigorous criteria.
- Simple setup;
- Easy to use and clean;
- Fully automated cleaning cycle;
- Top-quality litter crystals;
- Perfect odor control;
- Up to 99% less dust;
- Leak-proof litter trays;
- No scooping required.
- Price: $129.95
- All-in-one litter box;
- Very easy to use and clean;
- Top-entry construction;
- Prevents litter tracking;
- Reusable tarp liner;
- Seamless base of the box;
- Excellent for side pee-ers;
- Price: $89.99
- 19.1" in width;
- 27.6" in length;
- 6.4" in height.
- 16" in length;
- 16" in width;
- 15" in height.
The height of the liner is 10".
- Push the four liner hooks into their designated corner slots;
- Position the liner inside the base with the open side facing front;
- Hang the liner grommets from their hooks;
- Install the walk-off platform.
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Roberta Watson on 08/11/2018This box really deals with nasty smells like nothing we had before. I can still see some yellow marks on the crystals even after the cleaning but as long as it doesn’t stink, I’m good.
- Submitted By Kia Richardson on 05/29/2018The litter box itself is great but these accessories, refills and replacements are bleeding me dry.
- Submitted By Jake Bronson on 04/22/2018The box seems sturdy as hell and the motor is going strong even after 5 months. It was much bigger than I expected though so I had to make some extra space for it. My cat loves it and she started using it regularly after just two days of playing hard to get.
- Submitted By Peter Howard on 02/10/2019We’ve had it for around two months now and it definitely gets the job done. It’s also pretty easy to clean once you remove the top lid and you can even hang the scoop that came with it by the side. If you have large dogs in your home they will definitely try to get in and flip it in the process which will spill some of the litter on the floor. I definitely recommend putting it where dogs can’t get to it.
- Submitted By Anna Adams on 09/28/2018Great litter box for shy cats who like their privacy while doing their business. An extra benefit is that our dog can’t really get in and start eating the poop (gross, I know). The box is pretty roomy but I don’t see it accommodating two or more cats, especially if they’re overly territorial.
- Submitted By George Irons on 06/28/2018Not bad, but too damn expensive for a glorified s**tbucket!
- Submitted By Mila Jensen on 03/24/2018Great little box! I though my babies won’t be able to use it properly since they weren’t accustomed to top loaders, but it took them only a couple of days of sniffing and investigating and they love it now! I also have a cat that’s missing one leg, and would really wish she could use it too, but she can’t.
Modkat is a well-known top-entry litter box designed and manufactured by ModProducts LLC. It sports a modern and chic design, sturdy, utilitarian construction with very few moving parts, and excellent measures against litter tracking, unpleasant odors, and urine leaks. Read all about it in our comprehensive Modkat Litter Box review.