PetSafe Simply Clean and Modkat Litter Box are highly popular litter boxes that outclass their competitors in many aspects. In this PetSafe Simply Clean vs. Modkat Litter Box comparison, we offer a thorough analysis of their most important features and discover which of them is slightly better than the other.
- Easy to set up and use;
- Automated self-cleaning;
- No additional disposable supplies required;
- Slow litter bowl movement, ideal for timid pets;
- Good odor control;
- Easy litter disposal;
- It uses less litter than traditional litter boxes;
- Low noise output;
- Extremely affordable price tag;
- Low electricity consumption.
- Price: $72.99
- All-in-one litter box;
- Very easy to use and clean;
- Top-entry construction;
- Prevents litter tracking;
- Reusable tarp liner;
- Seamless base of the box;
- Excellent for side pee-ers;
- Price: $89.99
- 28" in length;
- 19" in width;
- 10" in height.
- The diameter of the circular litter bowl is 20”.
- 16" in length;
- 16" in width;
- 15" in height.
The height of the liner is 10".
- Push the four liner hooks into their designated corner slots;
- Position the liner inside the base with the open side facing front;
- Hang the liner grommets from their hooks;
- Install the walk-off platform.
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Coleen Woodward on 06/21/2018I save a bunch of cash with this bad boy and I don’t have to think about liners, litter trays and all that shebang anymore. Would def like to see a hood on top though, even if I had to buy it as a separate accessory.
- Submitted By Jen Green on 04/10/2018Amazing litter box It works exactly as advertised and doesn’t make as much noise as our other automatic litter boxes.
- Submitted By Peter Howard on 02/10/2019We’ve had it for around two months now and it definitely gets the job done. It’s also pretty easy to clean once you remove the top lid and you can even hang the scoop that came with it by the side. If you have large dogs in your home they will definitely try to get in and flip it in the process which will spill some of the litter on the floor. I definitely recommend putting it where dogs can’t get to it.
- Submitted By Anna Adams on 09/28/2018Great litter box for shy cats who like their privacy while doing their business. An extra benefit is that our dog can’t really get in and start eating the poop (gross, I know). The box is pretty roomy but I don’t see it accommodating two or more cats, especially if they’re overly territorial.
- Submitted By George Irons on 06/28/2018Not bad, but too damn expensive for a glorified s**tbucket!
- Submitted By Mila Jensen on 03/24/2018Great little box! I though my babies won’t be able to use it properly since they weren’t accustomed to top loaders, but it took them only a couple of days of sniffing and investigating and they love it now! I also have a cat that’s missing one leg, and would really wish she could use it too, but she can’t.
Modkat is a well-known top-entry litter box designed and manufactured by ModProducts LLC. It sports a modern and chic design, sturdy, utilitarian construction with very few moving parts, and excellent measures against litter tracking, unpleasant odors, and urine leaks. Read all about it in our comprehensive Modkat Litter Box review.