With this LitterMaid vs. Omega Paw Litter Box comparison, you can decide between your 2 favorite litter boxes in minutes. View our side-by-side analysis below, discover their major strong and weak points, and find out which of them has received a higher total score from our experts.
- Fully automated scooping;
- Easy waste disposal once per week;
- Excellent odor control;
- Safety bar that stops the cleaning cycle when your cat enters the litter box;
- Minimized tracking and safe entrance with the paw cleaning ramp;
- Incredible ease of use.
- Price: $105.13
- Very easy to assemble and use;
- Budget-friendly price;
- Self-cleaning box;
- Convenient roll'n'clean action;
- Perfect odor and dust control;
- Designed for larger and/or multiple cats;
- No electricity, filters or liners needed.
- Price: $39.15
- 28 inches in length;
- 17.7 inches in width;
- 9.8 inches in height;
- 590 cubic inches in usable cat space (17.5 inches x 13.5 inches x 2.5 inches).
- 23.5" in height;
- 21.2" in width;
- 10.5" in length.
The entryway measures 8.5" in width and 10" in height.
- Insert the sifting screen between the tabs;
- Bend its upper portion and push it into the channel along the edge of the box;
- Lock the hood in place;
- Slide in the waste scoop.
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Keith Roberts on 10/19/2018Works ok but needs a better rake. Sleep mode would be nice.
- Submitted By Helen Colbert on 06/13/2018I’ve had mine for 3 years and I’ve grown attached to it, but it took me a while to get the litter level right and about a month ago, it started getting stuck so I have to get a new one. So far, I haven’t found anything better in the same price range, so I’ll probably get Litter Maid again, at least I know how to use it and my cats like it.
- Submitted By Stella Stewart on 02/08/2018Just wanted to say thanks for the tip, just tried the trick with the tape and no more spills! Can’t believe I haven’t thought of it myself. Anyway, I love Litter Maid and now its LITTERally perfect, haha :D
- Submitted By Jenna Gordon on 08/07/2018Finally, a cheap but decent litter box that can house my fat little baby. He currently sits at 18lbs and this box works perfectly. He has enough space to fidget around when he’s inside and the top cover helped us overcome his shyness problem.
- Submitted By Ian Gordon on 06/24/2018Excellent product that really opens up new possibilities to cat owners who might not be able to afford the fancy litter robot whatever. My cats absolutely love it and I don’t have to keep three separate litter boxes in my house anymore. There were some problems with sharing in the beginning but we’re way past that now.
- Submitted By Maria Black on 04/15/2018This box really helps out on a daily basis. However, the plastic isn’t all that great and the “grill” part falls out now and then when I roll the box. Can’t really complain since it costs next to nothing compared with other self cleaning litter boxes.
- Submitted By Ann Jackson on 02/11/2018I can’t believe people didn’t think of this before! There’s no way I can afford that robot thingy anytime soon, so this is basically the same thing, but you have to roll it around a bit. No problem!
Omega Paw Litter Box is a manually-operated self-cleaning litter box designed for optimal functionality and money saving. It is created to accommodate the needs of large cats or multiple cats who do not mind sharing one box. Read all about this unique litter box in our comprehensive Omega Paw Litter Box review.