With this Petmate Giant Litter Pan vs. Pet Zone Smart Scoop comparison, you can decide between your 2 favorite litter boxes in minutes. View our side-by-side analysis below, discover their major strong and weak points, and find out which of them has received a higher total score from our experts.
- Giant size;
- Large litter capacity;
- Excellent odor control;
- Anti-microbial Microban layer;
- No litter scatter or urine oversprays;
- Comfort-grip tech;
- Additional storage compartments;
- Heavy-duty construction;
- Stable bottom base;
- Easy to use and clean.
- Price: $21.33
- Sturdy construction;
- Powerful and quiet motor unit;
- Reliable motion sensors;
- Solid security features;
- No-Touch Waste Bags;
- Carbon filters for odor control;
- Wide range of litters available;
- Price: $84.61
- 34.7" in length;
- 19.8" in width;
- 10" in height.
- 26.5" in length;
- 16.9" in width;
- 7.6" in height.
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Mia Black on 09/20/2018This thing is a beast! My babies absolutely love it and there were no problems with transition whatsoever. The storage thingies on the bottom (I guess) aren’t really necessary imo, but ok you can put a scoop in there and other things your cats wouldn’t be tempted to play with. It’s also pretty big for our small place but it is what it is.
- Submitted By Jenna Baylis on 07/20/2018I couldn’t believe how big this thing really is. I mean, I read the measurements online, but seeing it in person is a whole different experience. My fat spoiled brat fits without any problems with a lot of room to spare. I like how I can just dump a bunch of litter inside and just scoop the clumps every day instead of having to replace everything every couple of days.
- Submitted By Mira Jenkins on 10/24/2018The box works perfectly so no problems there. But when I droped it once one of the gears inside broke and I got sent it to get fixed. But they put a metal gear inside and it didn’t work properly so I had to pay the post taxes two times.
- Submitted By Ada Collins on 04/22/2018I can’t believe how silent it is. It usually took me weeks to make my spoiled brats transition to a new litter box, but smart scoop was a whole different story. They started using it after just a couple of days.
Petmate Giant Litter Pan is a minimalistic but cleverly designed litter box made with larger cats in mind. It is also suitable for households with multiple pets. Its simple yet sturdy construction allows it to be much more affordable than automated litter boxes and it provides similar value for one-tenth of the price. Read all about this model in our comprehensive review.