CatGenie and Purina Tidy Cats BREEZE are highly popular litter boxes that outclass their competitors in many aspects. In this CatGenie vs. Purina Tidy Cats BREEZE comparison, we offer a thorough analysis of their most important features and discover which of them is slightly better than the other.
- Fully automated cleaning, waste disposal (flushing), and maintenance;
- 3 cycle start options: manual, automatic, and cat-activated;
- Cat motion sensor that informs the device when to start and pause the cleaning cycle;
- Special Washable Granules used instead of litter, which are dust-free, eco-friendly, and pet-safe;
- Unique sanitizing liquid that kills odors and germs;
- Automated GenieHand that scoops the solids;
- Hopper chamber with an impeller, where solids are liquefied;
- Control panel child lock, which prevents children and cats from accidentally pushing buttons.
- Price: $239.97
- All-in-one starter kit;
- Very easy to clean;
- Extra bag of pellets and 4 moisture pads;
- Absorbent pads allow for effortless, mess-free clean-up;
- Filtering pellets separate solid waste for easy removal;
- Open AND hooded styles available;
- Up to 99.99% less dust.
- Price: $32.98
- 24.5 inches in length;
- 19.25 inches in width;
- 21 inches in height;
- 230 square inches in usable cat space (basin).
- 21" in length;
- 16.5" in width;
- 10.5" in height.
The dimensions of the hooded version are:
- 20.5" in length;
- 15.5" in width;
- 16.75" in height.
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Lisa Frankel on 05/28/2018Does what it is supposed to do but the cleaning cycles take forever and my kitty hates noise, so I have to start the cycles manually and keep the doors closed so she doesn't get annoyed or scared. It really isn't noisier than a washing machine, but it is still noisier than I would like it to be.
- Submitted By John Robertson on 05/02/2018Surprisingly, my 2 cats (both 8 months old) took to it right away. I didn't even have to use any particular tricks, I just threw their 2 favorite toys inside the bowl and left a few treats on the brim. We've been using it for 2 months, no problems so far, hope it stays that way.
- Submitted By Daniel Grant on 04/21/2018I am pretty disappointed. When I saw this litter box, I was like, wow, this seems awesome! But then I bought it and the setup was so annoyingly complicated, it took a month for my cats to get used to it, and it smelled pretty bad at first because I tried not to turn it on that often so my cats don't get scared. It works ok, but I expected so much more.
- Submitted By Indymeg on 06/02/2019I bought our litter box system more than a year ago. Our cats took to it perfectly. We liked this system because the traditional clay based litter produced a dust that my husband hated and I hated finding grey pieces all over my floors. But now what I hate is the odor. The pee that slips through into the pad - there can be a little residual that land in between. Once a month when I exchange the pellets I wash the whole system down. If I don’t our house stinks. When we used clay based litter I just switched out the liners.
- Submitted By Aaron James on 01/15/2019We’ve been looking for a simple litter box with higher railing that would be accessible to our cat with disability and breeze fits the bill perfectly. One side of the fence is much lower which allows our little guy to slide in and out without any major problems.
- Submitted By Andrea Reed on 09/18/2018I’ve bought so many mats and special anti-tracking carpets and all I really needed was a litter box with higher walls. Even though our girls are pretty frisky at times, they still never manage to kick any litter on the floor and the box even comes with a special little tray for them to brush off their paws. I can’t say they’re using it all that often though. All in all, great litter box for just over 30 bucks.
- Submitted By Jenna Haze on 07/04/2018I have 5 cats and a full-time job, which leaves me with very little time to waste. Breeze litter box is a true lifesaver since it makes it so easy to scoop everything up in just a couple of minutes. It’s the best thing that ever happened to me and my kitty witties.
Purina Tidy Cats BREEZE is a revolutionary product designed to save cat owners a lot of time and effort on litter box maintenance while providing their pets with optimal comfort and privacy. Tidy Cats itself was founded by the inventor of cat litter. Learn whether this litter box system is the right fit for your furry friend in this Purina Tidy Cats BREEZE review.